16 Jul ThinkLA Sports Marketing Breakfast Recap
Virtual Sports Marketing Breakfast: Game Changers 2020
ThinkLA’s virtual Sports Marketing Breakfast brought a new perspective to the innovation in sports and how leagues, sponsors, and emerging esports offerings are adapting to meet the new age in competitive arenas, both real and virtual.
New leagues, cool tech, faster connections, and immersive fan experiences – from sidelines to the sofa – 2020 marks the dawn of transformative changes in the world of sports and the fan experience.
ThinkLA did not disappoint with the exciting lineup of brand marketers, data gurus, and tech stars who are leading fan experience in a new age of social distancing. Our personal favorite highlight was the Women in Sports panel, but we will let you choose for yourself when you watch the recap video.
The tech was a new platform for virtual ThinkLA; the team did an excellent job creating and managing the summit with virtual networking and the ability to directly message and interact with attendees and exhibitors – more of this, please!
- Sports betting can enhance the viewing experience of sports. It increases the enjoyment in social bragging rights and in fans’ feeling of supporting their teams. — Andrew Schneider of @FOXBet #ThinkSports
- “Consumers tend to lead the way.” If they’re adopting or embracing a new technology, how do you make sure you are leading the way and taking an entrepreneurial spirit into that endeavor? — Andrew Schneider of @FOXBet #ThinkSports
- Women in sports are speaking out to help effect change and continue making a difference. “You see more women who are a lot more confident… and they’re great role models. There is such strength in that.” — @AnnMeyers @PhoenixMercury #ThinkSports
- So many sports fans are women, but they’re not being targeted in content even though they make 85% of all purchase decisions. This is where leagues can make a difference. — Jayme Messler #ThinkSports
- “Sports create community and fun.” As for the game-day experience: we won’t have that for a long time. “We have to make sure that sports and women’s sports, in particular, continue to find ways to engage fans.” @HeatherBKaratz @XFLWildcats #ThinkSports
Thank you to the event sponsor, Stadium All-Stars by Grafico, the premier virtual experiential solution helping teams, stadiums, and event organizers recover lost revenue with fan-generated portrait cutouts, virtual fan viewing parties, tailgate drive-in experiences and more.
Attendees, enter the Stadium All-Stars raffle for a chance to win a $200 Amazon gift card!
ThinkLA events are organized with the help of industry professionals and a small and highly mighty staff. Many thanks to the event director, Marcie Booth, and this dream committee for making the magic happen!